Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Don't be niave.

Don't be niave.

I know it's easy to nto want to think about those that are lost, maybe you feel comfortable where you are and don't want to branch out, or maybe you're dealing with something in your own life so you figure you aren't 'right with God' enough to talk to others about Him.

I stood there in Bronx, NY. Watching police cars, ambulances, and cars fly by. It was my second day on OAE (open air evangelism). We had finished eating lunch at a park and went back to the street we were assigned to. That morning I had talked to a man who identified himself as an Agnostic for half an hour and I was pumped to talk to others. I crossed the street to the bus stop and struck up a conversation with a man. I saw his bus rounding the corner and I knew I had 5 seconds, 10 tops and so I asked him if he knew who God was.....

He said no.

Let me ask you something, how do you explain to a man who God is in 2.2 seconds? I dont' remember how the conversation ended except for the fact that I handed him an english and a spanish tract and he left. I turned around and with tears in my eyes watch dozens of people walking around and it hit me more than it ever has...

THEY.ARE.LOST

My view on the world has changed since that day.

God please use me.


No comments:

Post a Comment