Wednesday, November 30, 2011

God's love

Have you ever taken the time to meditate on how much God loves us?

There have been times I've found myself jealous of people that grew up in a Christian home, that grew up hearing about God's love and His truth their whole life. I've learned they too have had to deal with problems. It just sucks when coming from a broken family where God was a foreign "force" I've had to wage a different type of war.

There's no God. There was a time in my life when I was that "youth group girl". By that time in my life I had learned all the right answers but noone had taken the time to explain how to make this new found faith my own. Nor did they try to explain to me how real God is. So to me, there was no God.

If you've never been in that point in life let me just tell you, it's scary. At that time in my life I was at my lowest. I saw no way out. I tried to pull myself out of the darkness I was in. But I failed every single time. It wasn't until I came to terms with God and realized who He was and then in perspective who I was. It was only through God's love that I made it out.

And so because of that I try and not miss an opportunity to tell others about His transforming love.

No comments:

Post a Comment