Wednesday, February 15, 2012

People are watching

So I've been back to school for alittle over a month now and things have been hectic. Snow camp started the weekend after we got back and it's flown by. I was a counselor about 3 weekends ago and I'll be counseling again this upcoming weekend...which happens to fall on my 20th birthday! What a lot of people don't realize is not only as a counselor but just everyday life people are watching and they can tell if it's God shining through you or your own selfish desires. After I counseled I received an envelope filled with about 11 cards they were from my campers. I got the usual thank yous and how much fun they had but there were a few that thanked me for bringing them closer to God and for teaching them more about God. More then 1 thanked me for doing whatever activites they wanted, even if that meant towing them all over campus...and our campus is large lol. I couldn't help but cry, for one because I missed them but for two that it was all worth it. All the frustration, lack of sleep, dehydration(forgot to drink during the weekend lol), tears I kept till they were sleeping, endless prayer, trying to get them to stay attentive during the meetings, the wiping of their tears, the tight hugs and prayer....how only over 44 hours I got so close to those girls I have no idea...but all of that was worth it...ALL of it. I can only pray that this weekend coming up I can be selfless and see more kids come to Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment