Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Without a doubt

I’m hoping by starting my journey of being authentic and real, others will feel more comfortable to come forward and realize that they’re not alone. It’s okay to be hurting but we need to run to our comforter and healer, God. “If God hadn’t been there for me I never would have made it, the minute I said I’m slipping, I’m falling, Your love, God took hold and held me fast. When I was upset and beside myself, You calmed me down and cheered me up.” –Psalm 94:17-19. Looking back now to all those sleepless nights, scars, the pain I was feeling but didn't understand, the suicidal thoughts, the constant fear of my own actions, I know I can say without a doubt that God, He saved me. I’m trying to learn what it means to grow strong from the pain I’ve been through and not letting it destroy me. Because I have that choice. And I’m beginning to choose to give over all my troubles to God; I don’t want to be in control. I’ve seen what that looks like and I realize I can’t do it, nor do I want to. I found hope, I found freedom, and I found love. This is my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment