Wednesday, December 19, 2012

God saved me

So on Tuesday it was during the beginning of a long drive home from my nephews doctors appointment that me and my sister had a serious conversation...it came out of nowhere really. We were talking about how my nephews therapist made a side comment about maybe my sister should see a therapist and she was like "that man thinks I'm crazy" and so I made a comment about how our mom thinks I should see one. And when my sister asked me why I took a deep breath and started to talk about my 5 year struggle with self injury, and how next month will be 2 years since I've cut myself but about how it's still a daily struggle....that there are good and bad days. But how I had confided in my mom how when something happens, or I get stressed, or upset my mind still sometimes wanders to self injury and I have to remind myself that's not who I am. She asked me a few questions and then we decided to finish the conversation later just in case the kids heard us over the movie playing in the back of the van.....so here's to a long conversation with my sister in the near future, I'm terrified but I've been praying about this for awhile. Now I get to tell her who I am...Now I get the chance to explain how God saved me :)



No comments:

Post a Comment