Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Caring too much?


I've been told that I care too much....is that possible? Even those who have hurt me, I still find myself thinking about them...are they okay, are they happy, are they following Christ, do they have any special prayer requests? When I was younger when we were driving in the car and we passed people I would pretty much stare at them wondering how they were....yeah I was a deep kid lol. I'm the type of person who wants everyone to be happy, I mean what's fun about being sad..right?

A few months back when I started a journey to love how God loves, to love who He loves, and to see others like He does my thoughts changed. Now I'm a 19 year old who still stares at people from my car window, or when Im walking, or when I'm in the store, at church, wherever and while I still wonder how they are, I also wonder what their story is. There are things about me others don't know, things that were whispered through tears to God on late nights, things close friends keep to themselves, things that while I have asked for forgiveness and have been receiving healing from Christ they're still tender to the touch and my past is what makes me who I am. I know what it's like to struggle and just be so unhappy. It's a HORRIBLE feeling.

While I'm not stopping everyone on the street to talk to them and give them a hug (though I wish I could without getting hit lol) there's power in a smile and a prayer. So here's my question, are you loving? Not just to family and friends but to your 'enemies', to strangers? Not just went it's convenient, at all times? Does Christ's love radiate from you? I know I have my short comings and I AM NOT PERFECT, but I am constantly praying and learning how to be transformed by God.

1 comment:

  1. Amen sister! Looks like you have wisdom beyond your years. The Lord has blessed you greatly with a heart for others. It's a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete