Saturday, May 7, 2011

She chose life

A single, divorced mother of 3.

In a relationship with a man who she comes to find out isn't who he says he is.

Makes a tough decision and has to leave the relationship.

4 weeks pregnant.

Alone.

But she chose life.

Who was that single divorced mom? That strong woman is my mother. What most people don't know is that my mom was a single mother with 4 kids for 11 years before she married my stepdad. While I love my mom, there's something deeper there. I've seen her works several jobs, I've watched her have to be the strong one when we lost our home to fire TWICE. She went back to school to become an RN to make a better life for her and her kids. I watched as she never complained or grumbled about our situations, to me growing up my mom could do anything! I have such a strong respect for my mom. I don't know how to put it in any better words than that.

Happy Mothers Day!
Me and my mom
Me, my mom, and my grandma
My mom, my sisters Kati and Sarah, my brother Billy, and me

Me and my mom on my 19th birthday

Me and my mom today at a Mother's day banquet.

No comments:

Post a Comment