Friday, May 6, 2011

Obey

I was over on Young Ladies Christian Fellowship reading some posts and one really caught my eye.
You can go ahead over and read it.

It really got me to thinking. I have two dogs and I started to think about the commands that any dog owner tries to teach them and I started to think about how I can equate myself to the dogs position in the eyes of God.

Something that I repeat to my dogs constantly is "stay". They often don't listen because well they're dogs. In my relationship with God I went through a lot of times where Christ would tell me to "stay" be still and know that He is God and I resisted...if anything I ran.

Another command that we use on the dogs is "come", or "follow me". So often people hear a command from God and are either too scared to go through with it, or worse they find it inconvient and so they don't listen.

Now here's the one that I say ALL the time "sit". I have two very spazzy dogs :-D Seriously they're crazy, they can't be still, they have to be running around, and they have to know what I'm doing at ALL times. Can you relate? You may say you trust God with your future but your actions are saying something else.

 Lord I pray I listen to You, I pray I trust you, and Lord I pray I can be still and know that YOU are GOD!!




No comments:

Post a Comment